Backyard Rose

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Heres a picture I snapped yesterday, Im really starting to get into photos as a additional hobby so if any of you pros have any good reading suggestions for an amature/begginner like me please chime in!

this photo was shot with my A590 Powershot

112208rose.JPG

my wife does a lot of amateur photos like the rose above... go out after it rains and go into the macro setting on your camera - those water drops will stand out, just an unbelievable picture.

she's got a lot of good photos of insects on flowers too...

Well my advice would have been to go with an Olympus but I am curious about what you didnt like about the Kodak ?
I had a nice HP Photosmart that was 1.3 MP and it took Great pics ..
4-20-05flowers1.jpg

It was too big to carry around all the time and ate up batteries so 2 years ago I got a Kodak 633 . I like the camera but it has some sand in it and wont Zoom but it took good pics too ..
dscf0013.jpg

100_2090.jpg

100_1674-1.jpg

100_1524.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1298.jpg

100_1299.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0552.jpg

100_0515.jpg

100_0511.jpg

100_0316.jpg

100_0317.jpg

100_0261.jpg

Looking into a new one myself only because I am always near water and sand ..

hengstthomas said:
Well my advice would have been to go with an Olympus but I am curious about what you didnt like about the Kodak ?

My Kodak was dropped so it gave me a good excuse to buy a new camera :). I also wanted to look for a camera with more features I could learn to use and get away from using the auto setting all the time.

BassAddict said:
hengstthomas said:

My Kodak was dropped so it gave me a good excuse to buy a new camera :). I also wanted to look for a camera with more features I could learn to use and get away from using the auto setting all the time.
With the sand in mine I can understand :) There arent many settings on the easyshare cameras but the Olympus Waterproof Camera's are a different story .. Man it has a lot of setting and features .
Good luck with the new camera and we'll be waiting for some "bait" pics :)

hengstthomas said:
BassAddict said:
hengstthomas said:

With the sand in mine I can understand :) There arent many settings on the easyshare cameras but the Olympus Waterproof Camera's are a different story .. Man it has a lot of setting and features .
Good luck with the new camera and we'll be waiting for some "bait" pics :)

Heres one that I just took

GY240_4thattempt.jpg

Problem here is it picks up just too much of the blue glitter!!!! Man, im glad i went with this camera and not a dslr camera like I want to eventually get. Im haveing a hard enough time just learning the features on my power shot

Latest posts