OutBoard Service Repair manuals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATED February 2018 - Help yourself! :LOL2: No need to PM me, just go to this link below and get what manual(s) you need.

https://www.tinboats.net/manuals/

***********************************************************************************************************************

They are in PDF format. I would of posted them here but they are too big. They run from 50mb to 200mb each. I will not burn these on disc or mail them out. This is 2009 folks we can do this "paperless". :wink:

This service is for active members. If you are new here, make a few (at least 25) meaningful posts before asking for a manual. Sorry, no chew and screw here. Give a little and you get a little.

PM me your email address and what manuals you want and I will send you a link to download the manuals.

Manuals

Honda
1978-2001 2hp-130hp

Johnson Evinrude
1956-2001 1.25hp-300hp

Mercury Mariner
1965-2000 2hp-300hp

Yamaha
1984-2003 2hp-250hp

Clinton
K350
K350A

Eska
eska 3.0 -.7.5 hp mechanics manual.pdf

Tohatsu
MFS 25/30B

That's a great deal, I have a ways to go since I just joined, but kudos for a great service to your members.

Dang, this is what we have been needing for a while. Now, all the instructions and computer jargon are way over my head, but it seems that it can't be that hard. Not sure that I meet the post count requirement though....

bassboy1 said:
Dang, this is what we have been needing for a while. Now, all the instructions and computer jargon are way over my head, but it seems that it can't be that hard. Not sure that I meet the post count requirement though....

you should be a comedian. :mrgreen:

Sorry guys, I had to change some things.

For those that I gave invites too, we need to do it again, but you need to specify which manuals you want and your email address!

Still learning!

sweet! I wish I could download stuff to my stupid work computer.... I'll try to hit you back up tonight even though I don't know which model the johnson I'm getting is. All I know is it's a 1970 Johnson 20hp

I don't get how this thing is working.

I tried the copy/paste but didn't have anywhere to paste it once I copied. I then dowloaded one file and it put 3 files plus a folder in My Documents... so I thought. I deleted one of them that I wouldn't need from My Documents, checked the site again and it said that I had deleted it from the Dropbox site. :shock: Thankfully, I found the restore button and it's now back on there.

I don't know what this thing is doing but besides the 4 minutes that it downloaded the original files, it's also showing that it's got about 6 minutes to go on something else that it's downloading in the task bar. :?: :?: :?:

My computer is running at the speed of smell right now as well and I've got a pretty decent cable internet connection.

Quackrstackr said:
I don't get how this thing is working.

I tried the copy/paste but didn't have anywhere to paste it once I copied. I then dowloaded one file and it put 3 files plus a folder in My Documents... so I thought. I deleted one of them that I wouldn't need from My Documents, checked the site again and it said that I had deleted it from the Dropbox site. :shock: Thankfully, I found the restore button and it's now back on there.

I don't know what this thing is doing but besides the 4 minutes that it downloaded the original files, it's also showing that it's got about 6 minutes to go on something else that it's downloading in the task bar. :?: :?: :?:

My computer is running at the speed of smell right now as well and I've got a pretty decent cable internet connection.

Hi Stackr,
From what I am seeing......

Whatever Files and folders I share with you automatically start downloading to the "my dropbox" folder on your pc whenever your pc is online. The files are huge, each manufacturer is anywhere from 200mb to 700Mb. That is going to take some time to download to your PC. It does it in the background seamlessly so you can still work and do whatever pc things you need to do.
If you look at the folder, it either has a check mark (meaning it is fully downloaded) or it has a circle with 2 arrows in a circle formation (downloading).

So when the files are done downloading, right click and copy them, then go to another folder or your desktop and paste. This will make a copy of it in another location. You can then leave the share if you want or stay connected.

Does this make sense? I sort of learned parts of this myself today.

When I got the invite from you today Jim, I clicked the email and it took me to the Dropbox website. Once there, I was able to click the Mercury folder and then choose which file after that I wanted. I then right clicked the file and clicked save. From there it saved into my Dropbox folder and I have been able to access it whenever now.

I hope that clears things up for other people.

kbkid said:
When I got the invite from you today Jim, I clicked the email and it took me to the Dropbox website. Once there, I was able to click the Mercury folder and then choose which file after that I wanted. I then right clicked the file and clicked save. From there it saved into my Dropbox folder and I have been able to access it whenever now.

you did it through the web? Did you notice if the client downloaded the rest? Can you check your my drop box folder?

Once I received the email invitation to the Dropbox files, I clicked the link and logged into my account. From there I clicked the Mercury folder and four other files were then available. I right-clicked on the file I wanted to have on my actual computer, not just my account, and saved it.

As for the client downloading the rest, I do not quite understand what you're referring to. From my Dropbox folder online, I can access all four files regarding Mercury.

Is this what you mean or am I confused?

Mine is working great! I already have 12 files downloaded but it says 2 hours are left so I'm sure there is a lot more.....**** slow DSL #-o

Jim said:
kbkid said:

you did it through the web? Did you notice if the client downloaded the rest? Can you check your my drop box folder?

This is what I did. It supposedly saved the file that I wanted (took about 4 minutes) but then it went ahead and downloaded the rest on it's own, I guess.

I know when I deleted one from "My Documents" it said that it deleted it from the web location (until I restored it). I have no idea what the deal was with that.

Woh... I just went and looked at "My Documents" again. I had exited Dropbox earlier after it "finished downloading" and was showing everything from the Johnson/Evinrude web folder to be in "My Documents". Guess what... nothing in there now but the one that I explicitly saved from the web site.

It almost looks like Dropbox runs live on your PC and the files that show in "My Documents" aren't really there.. they are just a mirror from the website. That's actually kind of spooky if that's what is going on. Someone with not so good intentions could get access to a folder and put some renamed virus on your computer when it linked up and checked for updates to those files.

Well, I clicked on one particular file to download and it is downloading everything in the Evinrude folder....UGH!

How do I stop it?

ACarbone624 said:
Well, I clicked on one particular file to download and it is downloading everything in the Evinrude folder....UGH!

How do I stop it?

You cant! That is why I had to re do it instead of one big TinBoats share, to just individual manufacturers.

This is just like a network share at work...everyone (who is invited) to the share has access to take and put files there In simple terms. They delete from the share, they delete for all.

The only difference with this is that to make it more convenient for the end user, it tries to download the share onto your pc in the "My drop box" folder on your pc. If you copy it from there and put it somewhere else you can then leave the share and not get anymore files just the ones you need.

I can break it down by each individual manual if you guys think that will be better? that way people can say which one they want and just get that?

Quackrstackr said:
It almost looks like Dropbox runs live on your PC and the files that show in "My Documents" aren't really there.. they are just a mirror from the website. That's actually kind of spooky if that's what is going on. Someone with not so good intentions could get access to a folder and put some renamed virus on your computer when it linked up and checked for updates to those files.

Only people I give access to a share can get to it. If someone was to add a file to the share I would be alerted (so would you if you have access and dropbox is running in the background).

I will delete all added files anyway, this is just to grab the manuals. If we want to share other stuff (music, Movies, software) we can create other shares (more private shares) and so on.

It is a great tool, has some quirks, but for the most part it works as designed. We are just using outside of the box for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.