Carburetor rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UMLQQKNATU

Reaction score
Hello I want to rebuild my carburetor? I bought the kit online for $13.00 plus I have the manual also but i never did anything like this before, and i do not want to mess this up. I think the hardest part will be taking it off the motor. Once i get it off i can bring it inside and work on it at the kitchen table. any pointers or tips anyone can give me would be great thanks for your help.

1977 Johnson Sea Horse 25hp
Model #25E77S

Thanks for everyones help, here is some pictures of the carb

Attachments

• CARB 007.jpg
    CARB 007.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 688
  • CARB 006.jpg
    CARB 006.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 688
  • CARB 005.jpg
    CARB 005.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 688
  • CARB 004.jpg
    CARB 004.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 688
  • CARB 003.jpg
    CARB 003.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 688
The manual should walk you through pretty good. You will need a special screwdriver though. The part # is OMC 0317002

My kit came with a couple of gaskets that I didn't need. It also had a tiny spring to keep the float pushed down, which the original didn't have. The motor wouldn't run with that spring in there. It was an aftermarket kit apparently made for more than one application. Just put it back together the way it was originally and you should be fine. Also be sure and keep everything super clean.....

IF YOU HAVE A AIR COMPRESSOR MAKE SHURE YOU BLOW EVERYTHING OUT ALL THE LITTLE FINE HOLES THAT IS WHERE ALOT OF PROBLEMS ARE WHEN IT WILL NOT IDLE OR RUN BAD

I just posted some pictures, I was told to soak everything that is non plastic in carb cleaner and leave it sit over night to get all of the depoist off

Latest posts