need a motor stand plan or template

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65tuxedo

Reaction score
I did a search but found nothing to help.

I would appreciate a copy of a plan or a couple of photos of a good design for a small outboard motor stand. I have a supply of square tubing and a welder.

Thanks,
JB Lewis

I got these plans with pictures from Donny in N. California. This is made from wood so take a look to see if it gives you any ideas. I built one to hold my 18hp 4stroke Nissan (124lbs). It took a little more then a hour to make with very little costs involved. No idea how to post pictures but below is the web site with information.

https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=266570

Made these out of 1x6s and 1x4s. Plenty strong and depending on the fasteners you use you can take apart and fold up after use. I never do that as I have too many engines that need stands all the time,

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

I made mine out of 2x4's 2inch wood screws and saw horse brackets from lowes. Its about 2.5 feet wide and it sits the prop about 5 or 6 inches off the ground. Nothing fancy, but works great..

Pappy said:
Made these out of 1x6s and 1x4s. Plenty strong and depending on the fasteners you use you can take apart and fold up after use. I never do that as I have too many engines that need stands all the time,

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Looks like you have an old Johnson on there - can we see some pictures of it?

HARBOR FREIGHT HAS ENGINE STANDS RATES UP TO LIKE 750 POUNDS FOR ONLY 30 DOLLARS. IT IS ENTIRELY STEEL AND WOULD PROBABLY BE CHEAPER THAN MAKING YOUR OWN IF YOU FACTOR IN TIME. THAT IS ASSUMING YOU HAVE A HF NEARBY.

Latest posts