57 evinrude 35 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterofillusion

Reaction score
I finally found a 35 hp for my alumacraft. This is unmolested ,original paint, tank and controls with electric start. 200 bucks. Feels like it has good compression. I will take some pics tomorrow. Its been sitting for a long time,but its a very original jewel. Lets all [-o< I get it running.https://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss228/masterofillusion/

I think you need to bring it down to me to make sure ..................That's the exact engine I have on my 16' Alumacraft as well. Should have a model number RDE-19 if it is a '57. I converted mine to a tiller handle and just finished a small removeable electric starting console that will sit in front of the splash well in the transom.

Well I'm having trouble with Infarview, I'll keep trying. I cleaned the motor this morning. I can't believe how clean and original it is. The wiring, hoses, paint, head gasket. The motor realy just looks new under the cover. No nicks or chips on the foot or prop. Well I had to uninstall Infraview and now I can't download it. Is there another way to post pics. I have done it before but I just don't do it often enough to remember. Oh well pics are on photobucket in first post.

Thanks, I have ordered parts so I can get it running. I will only repaint the cover since the rest is original and looks good. I agree this motor is one of the nicest looking classics with that chrome it has that 57 chevy look. This is the first one I have ever seen.

I wouldn't even repaint that cowling. The 'petina' looks great!

I agree on that one. Your engine needs no paint at all. If you do decide to paint and want the exact color match for that engine plus correct decals there is a site that you can buy the decals from and the paint also but the paint from there is overpriced. The color codes are available and you can have quality paint from the codes mixed up locally. Bad thing about painting just the shroud is that it will not match the midsection properly and you will realize that you need to do the whole engine.

Can't wait to see how it runs! I am more interested to see how it shifts. Keep us posted.

Bufford in Orlando

Just got back from vacation. Now I'm ready to get this motor running. I may leave the paint alone, but I can match the paint myself if I decide to paint it. Thanks for the comments.

Latest posts