Prop for my old Merc.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
I would like to find a 3 blade prop for my old 9.8hp merc..... so far I've had no luck searching for it online, as I can only find 2-blade props. Is this all that is available for it??? I would like a better take off.

DSCN1840.JPG

perchin said:
I would like to find a 3 blade prop for my old 9.8hp merc..... so far I've had no luck searching for it online, as I can only find 2-blade props. Is this all that is available for it??? I would like a better take off.

Go to https://www.aomci.org (antique outboard motors club inc website)

Use there webervise section...its free and you don't have to join. There is alot of members that have tons of motors and parts, because they love to repair old and newer 60, 70, 80 motors. Just post an ad with your with your year and make of motor and what you are looking for. Also leave your email address so they can contact you. Believe me, you should fine what you looking for.

Those guys are honest...I have bought parts from those guys and always have walked away satisfied with the price and part. They will even email a picture if you want of the part.

Here is the direct webervise link

https://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=Webvertize

cajuncook1

I'm not so sure on the pitch... I can't find any #'s on my current prop either. It puts out a pretty impressive wake for a 2 blade though. So my thought process has been throw on a 3 blade and it will jump on plane. As it is now its sooooooo close. I have already tried moving stuff around and diff. trim settings, and I think I have it at its best right now.

Is there any way to tell if its 8 spline without removing the current prop?(maybe this is where the #'s are on the current prop, on the back of the hub maybe?)

Cajuncook1, thank you for the link, I'll go check it out.

Crazymanme2, I'm not sure either really.... :-k

Latest posts