can any suggest a good online parts supplier?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovush

Reaction score
Getting an old 1966 Johnson 20 HP back in running order, I hope. I bought this from a guy that said it ran fine 2 years ago. I need a few suggestions for online parts for this motor. There seems to be a million or more sources , which ones have you guys had the best luck with?

Thanks,

Joe

I have always ordered from iboats. If you just order a few light parts they will ship them by the post office with little or no additional handling fees so your shipping costs are a quarter to half of what everyone else charges.
They are competitive on their pricing but if you have a bunch of expensive parts to order you need to shop around because they are not the cheapest from what I hear but if you need an impeller and a carb kit they are the way to go.
They have always shipped fast to me (usually get my order within a couple days even though it will say up to 9 days) and when i've ordered stuff over the phone their operators are always well spoken and knowledgeable.

Iboats has always shipped fast for me, and their prices seem good. They pretty much lost my business last time though. I was looking at parts for my Yamaha 15, and needed a hand figuring out the specific part numbers because they don't have a fiche online. I called and the guy that helped me assured me that I was getting the right parts. Package showed up faster than they said, which is great. But they sent the wrong carb kit and fuel pump.The only part that was right was the water pump kit, I didn't know if I was going to tear into that anyway. Took about a month after I sent it back for them to tell me they received the parts for the return, and I do not know if the funds have been transferred back.

I am going to try https://www.boats.net next time, because they have a parts fiche that I can look at.

Latest posts