2009 15hp merc 4stroke/what would u pay?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anchors away

Reaction score
I found a almost brand new 2009 15hp merc 4stroke with over 4 1/2yrs of warranty on it left for $1400 cash,do u guys think this is a good deal or should i pass?Also what would u pay?I just want to get some ideas from u guys if this motor is worth that money.Thanks for any input.

:shock: That is a steal!!!! You better jump on it. They go for over $2200.00 new.

Henry

Thanks hwew for your post.I kinda thought the same to a certain extent.But just was not 100% sure.

Your welcome anchors away,

I would not wait. It will sell fast.

Henry

I'm gonna buy it tomorrow afternoon from the guy.So i will post if everything went good.

What sort of boat are you putting it on? Does sound like a good deal!

That motor would really finish out a 1436 Alumacraft, or something similar.

I bought a 15 hp Mercury short shaft electric start 2 stroke new in 1994. I paid 1400.00 for it. I loved that motor. I had it on a Lund 14 ft. jon boat. It would fly. Sounds like a grat deal to me. Good luck with it. Todd

bassboy1 said:

I just might just fit nicely on a 1436 alumacraft or something similar if everything goes good. :mrgreen:

anchors away said:
bassboy1 said:

I just might just fit nicely on a 1436 alumacraft or something similar if everything goes good. :mrgreen:

Gotcha! [-X :lol:

anchors away said:
I'm gonna buy it tomorrow afternoon from the guy.So i will post if everything went good.

anchors away,

Did you pick it up?

Henry

My truck has some issues right now as the ball joints are going bad and it is not safe to drive and i need to get them fixed this weekend but my father n law will let me use his truck to pick it up sat.I called the guy and he said he has taken the ad down off cl which he did as i checked and is going to hold it till sat afternoon for me.This guy sounds like a good guy and i hope he keeps to what he says,he also will meet me half way to were i need to go as the place is over 3hrs away from me but the motor is well worth the money.So it is on delay till sat.If i doesn't work out then i will just buy a new one i found about 6 of them at a marina for $2035+tax so if this doesn't work i will buy new.

The only reason i want to go this way is it is darn near new for $600 to $700 less with a full warranty.The only bad deal is i have to send merc $50 to get the extra 2yrs of warranty because they only come with a standard 3yr warranty and i can transfer the 3yr warranty with no problem but since there is a promotion running to get a extra 2yrs u have to pay a extra $50 which is not to bad either.I know this because i have done this before but 2yrs is well worth $50.I will let u know as soon as i get it and post some pics of it.Thanks hwew for asking about the motor.

greenboat said:
greenboat said:
Hi. what kind of boat are ya putting the motor on, and when ya get the motor could ya post a pic of it on your boat? thanks :)

:-k I guess he's too busy to answer. :roll:

:shock: your apparently online more then most :?

Yes greenboat i will post pics this weekend on sat.I also found out more good news as the guy that i'm buying the motor from did not send the warranty card in so i have a full five yr warranty on it.I called merc and told them i was buying this motor and also told them that the warranty card was never filled out and sent to them,their reply was good for u as now u will get the 5yrs,can't beat that for $1400.

The motor has a little less then 10hrs on it and he still has everything in the box as he never took it out,so it is just as good as going to the marina and buying it from them but around $800 to $1000 cheaper.Very hard to find a motor for this money in this type of shape,not a scratch on it,not even any missing paint on the prop so that will tell u how much it was used.Also was used in a lake not salt.

What is funny is this is the motor i wanted to begin with,or i was going to go with a new suzuki 15hp so i got really lucky i guess u can say.But how can anyone turn down a deal like this as it does not happen very often if at all.

Your right,glad you got it figured out.
Sounds like a nice find,warranty card to boot.

Man what a rough day it was today,i had to put my dog down after 18yrs.But i have one more dog,a lab that needs lots of love and i want to buy another lab so i can bring them to the water together.I also found out that he did indeed turn the card in to merc which is still no big deal as i have over 4yrs of warranty left anyway.I called merc to verify the serial number and it came up as a 3yr warranty so the dealer was trying to screw him.

He called the dealer today to fix it as it was bought in oct of 2009 so it should have a 5yr warranty on it.If it still does not go through it still has 2 1/2 yrs left,that is still good for the money i'm paying.Well we will see tomorrow how it goes and i will post pics,then i must really get going on moding my boat fast to get out in the water soon.

Sorry to hear about the dog. Never a good feeling.

anchors away said:
Man what a rough daBut i have one more dog,a lab that needs lots of love and i want to buy another lab so i can bring them to the water together.

Don't buy one, but adopt one instead. Plenty of dogs in the pound/on the side of the road. All four of ours are rescues in one way or another, and I can honestly say, I doubt I'll ever buy a dog, as long as there are homeless ones around. Plus, it tends to be a bit cheaper too.

Thanks bassboy that means alot as it was the hardest thing i ever had to do in my life,he was like a son to me for a long time.The vet said in his 20yrs of practice he has never seen a 75lb mutt live 18yrs and be in good physical shape and probally could of lived another 2 or 3yrs but he was getting doggy alzheimer's and would walk into stuff,hearing was going and was just scared of everything,and he would just pee and poop in the house without really knowing what he was doing,and he would just drink and drink so much water and would not stop so his brain just wasn't functioning right so i think and the vet thought it was the right time for him to go.I have never seen a vet tear up before and the staff was teary to,made us feel at home,he is a great vet.

Yes sir that is were all my dogs have come from,adoption.I have a lab left now and she is 11yrs old so i hope she has a few yrs left.The vet said give her at least a month to 2 to grieve so she can get over him.The vet said belive it or not they can sense when something is wrong and a dog is gone or has died.

So i'm going to wait for about 2mths to find a lab pup or younger german shepherd.Yes i want to adopt or go to the pound as it breks my heart to know how many dogs they kill because no one wants them.I told my wife one day if i could afford a big piece of property and if we had a good amount of money i like to take a whole bunch of dogs off their hands and take care of them.I love dogs they are awesome.

I also talked to the guy about the 15hp merc and he called the merc dealer and they made a mistake and it will be corrected in 48 to 72hrs,so i will end up getting 4 1/2 yrs of warranty so that is at least good news today.I will get the full 3yrs they give u and i have to give merc a check for $50 to get the extra 2yrs which is fine by me,i can't wait to get it tomorrow and get my boat going soon,my boat will fly with this motor on it,i have to start moding my boat now and then get ready for fall fishing.Well can't wait to post the boat and motor.

Latest posts