1976 Johnson 9.9 Not Peein Water

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
So we got the 15hp carb put it and it fired on the 2nd pull.

We let it run for about 30seconds and noticed it was not peeing water out of this hole...

peehole.jpg

It was however pumpin water out of the exhaust holes(see pic below) and from around the prop.

Exhaust.jpg

When we got the motor we took the lower unit off and checked the water pump housing and the impeller itself. They both seemed to be in very good if not new condition. Could it be that the impeller is bad or is something clogged up?

The 1976 doesn't have a pee hole.I comes out in a spray sort of in the hole that's in the back of the mid section that you have pictured.Feel the top of the motor with the cowl off to see if the top of the head gets hot to the touch.You should be able to comfortably put your fingers there.
There's a mod you can do for a pee hole but I never felt it was worth it for me.

Ok thanks. I did some research just to double check. Seems it can be modified so you can have a pee hole though. Found it on this website...

https://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/Johnson%209.9_15.htm