Minn Kota Endura 30 Speed Reduction

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodeoHard

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum and so far I am enjoying it. My question is, is it possible to reduce the output of an electric trolling motor? I have a Minn Kota Endura 30 and the lowest setting is to fast for my 12' Sears Game Fisher Jon Boat, while trying to bass fish in and around docks and other structure.

Are you trying to keep the motor running continuously while you fish? Not sure I understand how the motor is too powerful.

Is it a bow mount or transom mount?

I too have the Endura 30 with a 30" shaft. I use mine on a 14' boat. Although on speed setting one, it shows 0 mph on my GPS unit. I agree, at times it seems to be going too fast. I just turn it off and drift until Im ready to move a little faster. Rarely will you run the trolling motor non-stop while fishing, you will constantly be adjusting the speed. Wind, waves, current, and even water temps play a factor in how much power you need to maintain a certain speed, and they all change as you move around the lake.

Brine said:
Are you trying to keep the motor running continuously while you fish? Not sure I understand how the motor is too powerful.

Is it a bow mount or transom mount?

I was trying to run it continuously but I have to turn it on and off all the time. While trying to bass fish around docks is difficult but I am getting the hang of it now. It is a transom mount that I converted to work on the bow.