Routine Maintenance Charges

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottomDweller

Reaction score
I want to learn how to serivce my boat motor on my own but I don't have time right now. How much should a shop charge to change the lower unit oil, clean the carb and replace the impeller on a 1993 4 hp evinrude?

how much they should charge and what they will is a big swing in price...
they charged me $700 to replace the lower unit oil,water pump, raise the motor and recondition my prop...
mostly labor you may be better off finding a local guy that can do the work maybe someone from the board in your area that can help you do it

my motor is a 225hp yamaha.....

Sounds like best bet is 200 and at the most maybe 700. How realistic is it for a guy like me to try to do the work?...a person that has never tinkered with any type of motor....but I did purchase the service manual and the pictures make it look doable.

The hardest part of it would be tearing down the carb and even that is not that hard if you have a good manual to go by.

You can also take your own photos as you take it apart to help you put it back together.

Latest posts