Mariner parts help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckr74

Reaction score
I've got a 15 HP Mariner motor that has had the model and serial# missing. The guy before me said it was there but the oil and grease losened it and it fell off. Is there a way to tell the year because it appears to have the wrong spark plugs according to some online charts? Plugs are NGK BUHW. Thanks!

There should be a plug on the motor with some number stamped on it.
Do you have any pictures?

The plug is about the size of a quarter on the left side I believe as your looking at the front looking back.It also could be stamped on the block in the same local.

There is a silver plug on the left side. Looks like a freeze plug found on automotive blocks. It's on the top cylinder. Is that it? There's #'s everywhere. Thanks!

ckr74 said:
There is a silver plug on the left side. Looks like a freeze plug found on automotive blocks. It's on the top cylinder. Is that it? There's #'s everywhere. Thanks!
That should be it.

Thanks guys! The serial # is B351526. According to that # the spark plugs should be BP8HN-10 and not BUHW if I'm not mistaken. BUHW is a surface gap plug! Makes ya wonder what's going on and why the change.

Latest posts