94 25HP Johnson 3 cyl Oil Injected

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunkerville

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Might seem like a rookie question however, noticed after pulling my boat out of the water the other day, I have some residual oil coming from the exhaust of my motor. This motor is oil injected. Could it be that it is running too rich? Is this something I need to worry about? Thanks for any info you can provide.

If it is coming from the same area as your exhaust and smells like burned fuel it is not a problem. The engine apparently runs well or you would have mentioned something. I have never seen a two stroke die from too much oil.........! By the way, you have a fairly rare engine. There were not alot of 500CC 3-cyls sold in the US. That powerhead was initially developed by OMC for the 500CC racing classes in Europe and was later adapted for consumer use over there as well. OMC never thought there would be much of a market over here for that engine but it was released in the 25 - 35hp range yet never advertised.

Thanks for the info Pappy. As you said, the motor runs excellent. I didnt realize that is was that rare. I bought it off a buddy 2 years ago. He had owned it since new and only had 30 hours on the motor. It has been a good runner so far.

Latest posts