55 hp chrysler

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5SF-Doc

Reaction score
I have a Chrysler motor on my bass boat it seems like there is a problem, seems like it slips in an out gear an usually I would think it's a clutch but I'm new to boat motors an dunno if it has a clutch or not can some one help ms
Out

Go here: https://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 and ask. They know Chrysler/Force.

Ok prob a stupid question do u have to change the oil In a 2 stroke boat motor, I have three motors a 55hp Chrysler, 9.9 us marine, 35hp evinrude

If you are talking about oil like a car would have... there is no reserve. You add it to the fuel and it is burned. If you are talking about the lower unit oil, which is a gear oil. I change mine once a year before the first hard freeze. That way if there is some moisture in there it won't cause further problems when it freezes. You will find some that change it more and some that change it less I am sure.

Well I thought that motor wa bad cause I wa having slipping problems, I changed the gear oil, it looked like it hasn't been changed n several years, an I played with the linkage to the gears an tested it today an it's not slipping anymore like it was when I got it out of the water I checked the gear oil again an no water came an an now the boat is running great looks like a several hundred dollar fixed turned in to only 25 dollars I stole this boat for only four hundred dollars cause the guy thought the motor was done. Once again I lucked up

Latest posts