1964 mercury 35 hp good deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2keel

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive got a guy that has a 1964 mercury outboard 35 hp thats white that has all controls and everything. It said it hasnt been run in a long time its just been in his garage and hes to old now to take it out or work on it. He said he thinks he would just put a new water pump on it to be sure. It comes with original everything, controls, electric start, gas tank, etc. It has only been in fresh water and has been in his family.

He wants 200 for it. I love the engine and its the right thing im looking for I dont mind working on it I just want to make sure im not going to get screwed over on it. I thought id see what yall think first and do yall know anyone i can get parts for it?

Thanks

Will

If your set on getting it check compression & make sure it has spark.I've bought 50 HP Mercs for $150 or less & they where newer motors.(1968)

While Mercs are not my engine of choice I would say if the engine has compression, is all there, has clean gearcase oil and shifts into both gears it is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. You will have to service the ignition anyway so spark is not that important. In addition to the ignition plan on servicing the impeller and carb prior to running. Have fun!

Anyone know where I can get parts for it? I looked on ebay but couldnt find any....i just need a few odd and end things

Thanks

will