1956 Scott Atwater 7.5

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdret

Reaction score
Picked this up today from a fella for $100. Yeah, I read the old motor primer, but I love a challenge. Appears to have all the big parts and pretty good compression. It will give me something extra to do while I wait on Spring to come back.

Attachments

• motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 615
That one appears to be in great shape! If you run into issues while servicing the ignition, water pump, and carburetor you can always go to AOMCI.org and then to the Ask-a-Member section and pick the brains in there. Those guys know more about the old Scotts than you will believe! Nice find, and am betting that won't be your last vintage engine.

Pappy, you may be right. My neighbor and I messed around with it a little today. Not being familiar with the motor, I failed to note it was missing the fuel pump bowl and keeper. Never the less, we got a little gas in the carb and she fired right up for a few seconds. I made a call to the Scott Guy and he's got those on hand along with a couple of other small cowl pieces I need.....and most importantly, a manual. Hearing it kick over today got my spirits up. Can't wait to get her right and in the water. I'll sign up on AOMCI and do some brain pickin' as you suggested, thanks.

Make sure you run it on the correct oil ratio as pointed out in the manual. Do not listen to Bubba or JimBob tell you that you can run that engine on any less than it was originally intended to use. You can definitely run todays 50:1 oil in it but only at the correct ratio for that engine. Let us know when you hit the water with it! If you are interested, when you go into AOMCI you can inquire about Antique Outboard meets near you and go to one if you like. Am betting you would enjoy the old iron.