carb model number on evinrude 18 fastwin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecb223

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out which carb I have on this motor. I can't find it in my clymer shop manual. 18602c
can't find the camera or I would post a pic
thanks Eric

Well thats the thing, I was trying to order a carb kit ,but they all stop at 1968 and I have a 1966. I was just making sure that there wasnt something different on mine.

I took the carb apart and cleaned it out and put it back together with the old gasket because it looks like it is rubber.
Everything was clean inside and I didnt see much wrong except the float was off a little bit .but not much.
I had a little trouble prior to doing this. She ran fine for about 20 minutes and then it just started bogging down and had verry little power. I checked the cap on the fuel tank and it was open,I shited it in neutral and she revved up and iddled fine,but I put it back in gear and the same thing happened. I just assumed it was the carb. Any thoughts?

You can still get the correct carb kit at any Johnson or Evinrude dealer.
Your symptoms are broad in description at the very least. Try pumping the bulb when the issue occurs. If that helps you may have a fuel pump issue or still have a dirty carb. If the power comes and goes suddenly you may have an ignition issue on one cylinder.

Well yesterday I ran her in a barrel of water and she ran fine. I guess I'll see what she'll do at the lake. I guess if it does it again I'll pull one spark plug wire off and she if it runs any different, then try the other. It might be ignition because the bottom spark plug is quit a bit cleaner than the top one.

Latest posts