used 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredff

Reaction score
I found a 9.9 on CL for $400. It's model # is J10recc. I think that translates to:

Johnson
10HP
rope start
ec=1998
c = counter rotation? :shock:

is counter rotation the norm or is this a special order for a specific situation?

tb

Mike Redmond said:
Canada starts with a C

If it were made in Canada then the Model # would start with "C" then J for johnson. This is a lower case "c" at the end.

https://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/omc_model_code.htm

Yes/No?

The "c" at the end means it was made in the third production run that year, probably towards the middle of 98. Mine ends with an "e", indicating it was made towards the end of the year. Either way, $400 is a pretty good deal if it has compression. Even if you have to address the water pump and the carb, it's still worth over $600 in top shape. These motors really only suffer from neglect, otherwise they are pretty much bullet-proof.

there are a few 9.9's on CL that have been there for a month or longer. I thought this was strange, maybe it's the recession, time of year or ????

tb

retiredff said:
there are a few 9.9's on CL that have been there for a month or longer. I thought this was strange, maybe it's the recession, time of year or ????

tb

A little bit of both. I've been trying to sell my 88 Evinrude 15hp on CL for $500 a few months now. Little interest and the interests I get are either low ballers or trades.