Needle valve adjustment

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VBTravisD

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I got a lil 7.5 hp gamefisher. I just replaced the coil, condenser, points, spark plug and rebuilt the carb... it will fire on the 1st or 2nd pull. However on colder days it seems like I can never get my choke in all the way... the thing will rev wayyyy up and then cut off. The Needle valve is as far to the right (clockwise) as it can be... I am wondering how to properly adjust the needle valve... can yall give me some advice? :beer:

The needle valve is an adjustment. It's actually a better adjustment than a fixed jet found in later model engines. A proper adjustment for a cold engine or a cold day will not be the same needed adjustment for a warm engine on a warm day. When cold you may need to re-adjust counter-clockwise and richen the engine, the same would be true for when a cold front passes through since the last time you ran the engine. Minor adjustments can be made and are expected through the seasons. Just richen it while the engine is warming up and lean a little when warmed up to obtain a crisp running engine. If you like a really low idle (slow trolling) you may find that leaning the engine a little as you slow the engine will help idle quality but the engine may need to be richened again when you speed up a little. You will learn and once you do it becomes second nature.

Latest posts