1976 Evinrude 25 Restoration Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings, I have a 1976 Evinrude 25HP that I've slowly been rebuilding. Well, its actually rebuilt minus a new prop, but my question is regarding the paint. I was wanting to keep it the factory grey/blue OMC color, but I can't seem to find anything that even comes close to matching it.

I started off using a Duplicolor rattle can paint that seemed close, but the more I look at it, the more I dislike how it looks.

I've searched the interwebs for something and even checked iboats and OMC themselves, but I can't come up with anything.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

One more thing as well:

If anyone out there happens to have one of these motors or something close to it, I'd like to see a picture of the starter solenoid. When I got the motor, it didn't have one, and it was set up for remote controls. I found a tiller arm and all the other required hardware plus a new solenoid to replace the missing one, but I can't figure out where it mounts. I've looked at shop.evinrude.com at their parts breakdowns, but I would love to see an actual complete unit for reference.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Latest posts