Evinrude Jet outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Did Evinrude or Johnson build a 20 hp 2 stroke jet outboard? Does anyone have any experience with one if they did?
I know Mercury built one and was wondering if anyone else did. Thanks Todd

Evinrude/Johnson made a 18hp jet during the 90s. I believe it was a 25hp(carb) powerhead with a jet lower unit. I've seen I guy with one on the river I fish.

I run pretty much the same thing as that motor though, a 1985 Evinrude 30hp thats been converted to a jet. I love mine, but mostly cause I've always owned/worked on 2 stroke johnsons...

That was the motor I was thinking of. My boat is rated for 25 hp max and the motor weight of 150 lbs. Mercury's 25 HP 4 stroke is too heavy. I also want to fish a couple of 20 HP max. limited lakes. I mostly fish the Allegheny and Kiski Rivers and would like to have a Jet. When I'm ready to switch motors I'll start looking for the Evinrude or Mercury 2 stroke Jets. Thanks for the reply Todd

I has one of them Mercury jets that is a 25 power head and make 18 hp at the pump butt the mercury couling say 20jet.I not care if it is 18hp or 20hp who reelilly cares?On me 1448 that moter works out very well an whn the river is very low the bigger an heavy jet boats can not evin run where i do =D> =D> =D> I no one fello that has evinrude 25 power head with jet pump and it a grate moter jusst likes Mercury :mrgreen:

Latest posts