55 evinrude value?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jixer

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows a ballpark asking price? I was thinking of selling it to a friend, but I have no idea what would be fair.

Its a 1955, evinrude fastwin, 15 hp, long shaft, tiller. It runs good, starts on the 1st pull once its warm (2nd or 3rd cold) and moves my boat fine. It could use the carb rebuilt, the recoil spring is tired, the skeg is chipped up on the flat edge towards the prop and the paint is original. I have 2 pressure fuel tanks for it.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Totally depends on what the buyer is willing to pay for it. To give you an idea, I recently purchased a 1954 Fastwin Evinrude 15hp for $60 that was a complete engine in good shape with no dings or dents. Paint was faded but the decals were all still there and readible. Engine had not been run for over 40 years. However by the time I put it back into service it had new coils, points, condensors, plug wires, plug ends, spark plugs, carb kit, water pump kit, resealed the gearcase and had the prop re-hubbed. All OEM parts were used and the total parts cost were in the $250+ range. That is not including my labor costs. If the engine is service ready, looks good cosmetically, and the tanks are ready for service you can expect to get in the $250 range on up depending on the looks and completeness of the engine. Just an educated guess on my part but you can use it for a starting point. Nice thing about that series of engine is that they were some of the lightest 15hp engines ever produced. The '54 weighed 68#. For their day they were a fast engine as well.

Latest posts