Johnson 35hp???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
Thinkin about picking this up for my 1448. Anybody know anything about these motors? Good deal? And one more thing, my boat is only rated for a 25, but I know the johnnyrudes were about the same weight for the 25 and 35 in these years. Approximately what year is this motor? Thanks fellers
https://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/2092697312.html

Attachments

• johnson.jpg
    johnson.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 714
I'm no expert but if it was long shaft I would be looking up shipping to OK right now.

Looks like an mid to late 80's model to me. They are pretty light too. The only difference between the 25-35 is the carb from what I understand. So the weight shouldnt be a factor. This is only my opinion and you know what they say about those.

Might want to watch going over the boat's HP rating if you got to deal with the river po-po and boat inspections. :?

nathanielrthomas said:
Thinkin about picking this up for my 1448. Anybody know anything about these motors? Good deal? And one more thing, my boat is only rated for a 25, but I know the johnnyrudes were about the same weight for the 25 and 35 in these years. Approximately what year is this motor? Thanks fellers
https://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/2092697312.html

Yea, that hood and paint looks like my '88 30hp. Love it.

I know folks who have some and love them, I have a '00 30hp and love it on my 1548.

Sounds like a good bye, but check it like crazymanme2 said.

I had a 1988 Evinrude 30-hp for my Grumman 1542, which was rated for 25-hp. The motor was absolutely bulletproof and was never in the shop once in the 17 years I had it. Also, I was creeled several times but was never asked about the size of the motor. I'd give anything if I still had it.

Your only concern might be LIABILITY insurance. If you honestly revealed the actual hp...AND your insurance company bothered to check, they might refuse coverage when you first apply. If they granted coverage...and you had an accident and injured someone...they still might find a way out of honoring the claims.

I am NOT an insurance guy..but have read of similar stories on the 'net. regards, Rich

Thanks for the help guys. I actually ended up getting a 1992 Evinrude 25 for the same price. I have a sweet little Nissan 9.9 hopped up to a 15 for sale if any of you are interested..

Latest posts