5 HP Nissan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLK fisher

Reaction score
I have a 1448 Lowe Jon and a 5 hp nissan hand tiller outboard. I was wondering if anyone knew how much spped I would get out of it or would it a least get me on plane? Thanks

It will do fine, I have a Nissan 9.8 on my 12 ft flat bottom and it moves me, my cousin and his son at a respectable little speed, by no means does it fly. You will probably not get up on plane, we can't with us all in it, but it will move you around fine.

Bufford

RBuffordTJ said:
It will do fine, I have a Nissan 9.8 on my 12 ft flat bottom and it moves me, my cousin and his son at a respectable little speed, by no means does it fly. You will probably not get up on plane, we can't with us all in it, but it will move you around fine.

Bufford
Thanks. I was hoping it would. I would rather bring my Jon to some of these canals with that motor, than to bring my big boat because its kind of shallow with alot of stumps.

RBuffordTJ is right on track the 5hp will move you just fine and save your battery for trolling. I ran our 5.5 johnson on a 1236 tin and it moves me alot faster then a trolling motor but would never put me on a plane. There's no hurry while fishing that shallow.

Latest posts