Outboard service center

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlejohn

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good outboard service center around lake Lanier? I'm wanting to see about having my little Johnson Seahorse 3 reassembled. I don't really have the time to mess with it.

Best thing to do is to go to aomci.org and ask who lives near you. They are the antique outboard gurus in the country. Worst comes to worst bring it down to Central Florida and I will reassemble it as necessary. Nothing like a good running 3hp ! I think I currently have 5 of them.

Send a message to Troutman. He found someone in Lawrenceville I think.

Deadmeat said:
I'm sure Bassboy could tell you.

I wish I could, as that is the question asked of me more than any other single question, and quite frankly, I don't know of anyone in the area to recommend. I'm more familiar with the Allatoona area, and I don't really trust any of the marinas around Allatoona (if they'd even touch something older - many big dealers/marinas won't). I've been known to get parts from the Carolina Skiff dealer in Smyrna (they are a Johnson/'Rude service center), and if I had to take something somewhere, I'd probably take it to them first. I've just never had to deal with the service department of any of the dealers in the area to give an opinion on them, and don't really know any backyard guys well enough to vouch for them.

I used to do that sort of thing on the side, but once I got more into the fabrication, I no longer offer that. Those little 3 horses are a great motor to work on, and very durable/reliable. I've only got 2 of them, and never have the chance to do anything with them, but I'm of the opinion that they are in the top 2 as far as best outboards of all time.

Latest posts