67 Evinrude 18hp short shaft tiller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehusker

Reaction score
Looking to get a "new" motor. Anything in particular i should check or know about this one? I have a line on one for $300, good price if it runs okay?

Yankeehusker said:
Looking to get a "new" motor. Anything in particular i should check or know about this one? I have a line on one for $300, good price if it runs okay?

That's not a bad price if it runs okay. Check the compression before you buy it.

I just bought a '65 evinrude 18hp last year. I didn't realize it when I bought it, but part of the casting that supports the cowl on the left hand side (tiller side) was cracked which allows the cowl to rattle like crazy. I thought it was just bad gaskets/seals on the cowl, but I discovered the crack at the end of the season and I'm sure it was like that the whole time. It still functions fine and great for an older outboard... starts on second pull when cold and first pull when warm. I bought mine for $200, so $300 seems like a good deal too. Good luck.

Latest posts