Color Change

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I'd like to do a color change on my Evinrude from blue to a flat green to match my Polar Kraft. I want to do a good job so it looks factory. I don't want to tear the motor completely apart. Has anyone done this? I also want to make some custom hood decals with the new color scheme.

I've been trying to stick to the flat green,grey and white color scheme of the boat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Todd

You could paint it put together but it's going to look like you painted it put together. Every motor I paint I strip down so I can get color every where.
As for the paint sceme I'd paint your hood white and the rest of the motor green, then have some decals made that are the same green with some grey. I think grey letters with green outlines would look best. Just my opinoin. Make sure you do your prep work, degrease the motor, scuff every thing up with 220 to 400 grit sand paper. If your using rattle can paint make sure to use some self etching primer first then use sandable primer over that, wet sand it with 400 grit, that will take care of little nicks and grooves, was it of really good before you spray color, then lay down your color, you could leave like that or you could get some satin finish clear to protect it. My warning for paint is you get what you pay for, if you buy cheap paint you end up with a cheap looking finish that won't last very long. Been there, done that, and never going back, automotive paint is the way to go! :mrgreen: If you have any more questions I am more than willing to answer them.
Cody