Possible motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDFisherman57

Reaction score
I have a ability to get a 2000 yamaha 15 HP motor for $750. Its a four stroke and looks very well maintained. I have a 16 ft bass tracker and i use it in a lake restricted to 20HP or less. What do you guys feel about four stroke motors and this price. It seems like a nice price but im worried about four strokes since they are more complicated?

That is a great price - Just 1. Have the seller run the motor and 2. do a compression check.

If it runs fine and all the cylinders balance out, get it!

Those motors are supposed to be really well built

MDFisherman57 said:
I have a ability to get a 2000 yamaha 15 HP motor for $750. Its a four stroke and looks very well maintained. I have a 16 ft bass tracker and i use it in a lake restricted to 20HP or less. What do you guys feel about four stroke motors and this price. It seems like a nice price but im worried about four strokes since they are more complicated?

I'm not a 4 stroke guy, but
for that price and if it checks out ok, I'll snatch it up.

I am not a fan of 4 strokes but for that price if it is in good condition i would buy it. I have seen those year yamaha's sell for 1200

I am a 4 stroke fan. That sounds like a great deal. I have a 2002 25 Yamaha 4 stroke which has over 500 hours on it before my hour meter failed.

Well thanks for the help guys. I did go and get it today. Here are some pictures...

2011-01-24_15-45-07_848.jpg

2011-01-24_15-58-10_817.jpg

2011-01-24_15-58-24_116.jpg

Nice score. I only have two strokes, but I love how quiet and smoke free those four strokes are.

Yea when we ran the motor is was very smooth and was very quiet compared to the two stroke motors. Motor just wasn't used much so i cleaned it up after the pictures and it looks almost new!

Latest posts