needed 1957 0r 1958 motor manual

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am new and this is my first post, i saw that a few of you have johnsn outboards that are old.... i need a 1957 manual does anyone have one to share and thanks in advance .

william johndrow said:
i am new and this is my first post, i saw that a few of you have johnsn outboards that are old.... i need a 1957 manual does anyone have one to share and thanks in advance .
First off what engine are we talking about and what are you planning on doing? An option for you, depending on what you are planning on doing is to go to aomci.org then to the ask-a-member section and they will post pages of what you need for you. Much help of that kind can be had there.

sorry i forgot to say that it is an 18 horse 1957 johnson outboard.im putting it on my 14 ft jon boat, and i want to upgrade this boat before fishing this summer. i use it at rockport texas, and it will allways be used in salt water. i have used it before there but my son ran it into a dock and broke off the shift lever, so im repairing it.also the fuel pump was broken off and i had already had it changed to the new style fuel pump. i wouild imagine thats about it....i do have info to share also about other kinds boats depending on what info is needed and am willing to share anything i know with any of you. thanks alot bill.

william johndrow said:

here is a parts breakdown of your motor that may help.

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1957&hp=18

Pappy is correct, aomci group (free) would be the experts on your motors. There is wealth of information on your motor there. **** good motor you got there too.

Not trying to steer you away from this site....Good group of Joes here, just I just know that there are seasoned and retired mechanics on that site that love to help people restore old outboard.....free.

https://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=askamember

Good luck and welcome!!!