whats this little oring for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
I bought this impeller kit from iboats and I found where all the pieces go except for the small oring... can anybody give me a clue?

https://www.iboats.com/mall/partfinder/?cart_id=246079406&gd_grid_id=1730&gd_poid=110930&gd_row=5&session_id=601517492

From the looks of the picture it will hhave something to do with the two small black pieces in the middle of the picture. That would be my best guess.

crazymanme2 said:
Does the top of your driveshaft have a grove for an o-ring?

i already put it back together without it but i think it might have had a groove up there... but there was no o-ring on it when i took it apart? :?

i only loosely bolted it back together so little creatures wouldnt try to den up in it while i was finding my answer. turns out Iboats has the OE part number wrong on their website so after a long process of elimination i found out that they put a 9 instead of a 6 in the part number... the little one is the oring for the top of the driveshaft. What all needs a coating of grease before final assembly, just so i wont miss anything?

The splines on the end of the drive shaft & I put a little grease on the rubber nipple where the water tube goes so it slips in easy.Make sure you have your groove on the shift shaft rod aligned in the hole so you don't strip out the coupler.
I use 2 longer bolts for sub assembly so I make sure the water tube goes in place.

awesome guys thanks! trying to get the bare bones together to go after some saugeye here in a couple of weeks has been a hassle with the weather! lol

Latest posts