Length of Fuel Line

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flat Bottom

Reaction score
I'm going to start setting my boat up here within the next couple of months once the weather starts warming up a little bit more. My boat is 21ft, and to distribute the weight a bit i was thinking about putting my fuel tank up front. I was just wondering if fuel will efficiently travel that distance and supply the motor (85 suzuki 140 with manual fuel pump) with adequate fuel, or if there is anything special i should do (ie... larger fuel line... etc) I just put a diaphragm kit in the old fuel pump if that helps. don't want to be cutting out at speed.

If I was in your shoes I would run a 1/2" line so I wouldn't have to worry.There's alot of friction in that long of fuel line.
I run a 3/8" line also but I don't have anything over a 40 hp that I run & my fuel line isn't as long as yours is going to be.

alright, where at on my line am i going to want my primer bulb? and is my primer bulb line also going to have to be 1/2 inch if that's the way i go?

My tanks is up front on my 14' with a 40hp Yamaha and I have no issues. Also we have a 21' Express with the fuel tank up front. We have a 115 Evinrude and we have no issues with it either. As long as your fuel pump is working properly it should not be an issue.

The only problem I have encountered is getting all the air out of the line.To do that I disconnect the fuel fitting that attaches to the motor & keep priming with the primer bulb until all the air is out.

yeah, ive already had problems with air bubbles, that's one of the main reason's i ask... however i believe that i had a bad pickup tube that cause me to pick up small amounts of air too...

Latest posts