Yamaha 9.9 price?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshhegwood

Reaction score
Hey i have a opportunity to purchase a 1990 yamaha 9.9, tiller, 4 stroke, electric start. It hasnt been started in about 3 years. It has been on the transom of a boat out in the elements for about 5 years. It ran when parked. The owner of the motor is a friend so i believe him about it running when parked. The question i am asking is what would be a good price for this outboard. The owner told me to make him an offer.

since it ran 5 years ago when parked, that means nothing about weather or not its going to run today.especially due to the fact that it has been out in the elements for that long which will beat the hell out of a motor. it may be a different story if it had been sitting in a garage, shed, or basement for that long. used outboards in good running condition will usually sell for about a hundred dollars for every horsepower. new outboards sell for 2 to 3 hundred dollars for every horsepower. in this case, as its no guarentee that it runs, id make an offer of between 3 to 4 hundred dollars.

First off they are great motors/sat out in the elements how cold does it get in your area/can you give it a trial run in a barel/check out the average price on the market/if its a friend of yours dont lowball him if you want him to remain your friend

Yeah i was thinking about $250 to $300 or so, seeing that i will have to put some money into it to get it back to running. And mike it does get cold around here in the winter it can get down in the teens or even lower.