92 suzuki 25 hp impeller problems.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndthwacker

Reaction score
i just had my impeller on my 92 25 hp suzuki replace and there are a few concerns of mine first is that it only works about 50 percent of the time usually water is barley running out or it almost comes to just a fast drip, then other times it pees great but the steam is never very large. i cant put muffs on it and it will always work but would still like a larger stream is there anything i can do to change that, maby some bigger hoses throught the motor? also when it is not working right i usually can just let is set in the water a halp hour witht he motor off then start it and id starts working good. why is this? my concern is that later in the summer or fall i guess during bow season i am running a muddy river ( i have not had this motor on it yet i only have had it in the missouri river wich is clean and still dose not piss great all th time). if it is not pissing good with clean water i dont think there is any way it will push this muddy water through it, my old 79 15hp johnson handled it great never once did it stop pissing and i swear it was almost running mud through it a few times. what can i do to fix this problem or what could be causing it. and remember i just had it replaced by a dealer. Please help...

There are a couple things I would do. If the new impeller was done by a dealer, take it back and they should fix it. If they don't, kick them in the junk, walk out and don't go back :wink: Second, check the intake of the water cooling system and make sure it is clear. You can always put an air compresser up to the "piss hole" and blow out anything that is in there. Finally, check the pin that holds the impeller to the drive shaft. Make sure it is correct and the impeller is spinning as fast and efficient as it should.

When a lower unit is dropped for any reason it is very important to line up the hose from the lower unit to the power head. Also there is a white liner that comes out of the top of the water pump that hooks to the tube that runs to the power head. Make sure that is there and hooked up correctly. You can start ripping things apart if you want but make sure everything is put back correctly. Get a manual and read it very well.

Good luck friend!!

If its not pissing as well before you took it in then I would take it back. Maybe the pump housing isn't sealed that well.
The t-stat might be staying closed because of the cold weather. The only thing is if you take it back to them they might try and blame it on something else so they can charge you again.
My 85 30hp Suzuki would piss like a race horse. If I could of pointed the pee hole straight out it would have shot 10'.

Whoopbass said:
If I could of pointed the pee hole straight out it would have shot 10'.

X2 my 85 suzuki pee hole could be used as a fire hose. could be a mess up on the install, maybe the impeller isn't lined up right with the key... or no key at all? If it wasn't doing it before the repairs some one screwed something up.

the reason i took it in is beacuse it was not pissing good after i got it back it did help but only works half the time, when it is working i just dont think its possible to piss better with the tiny hole. when it is working good i dont think it would take much to stop it. i need it to be able to run muddy water through it at all times, due to late in the year the small rivers are very warm and get muddy. and i dont understand why it only woks half the time its almost like when a pump cavitates and has air in it it just dont work to its efficency and even when it is i would like it to push more water as the pee hole is very small and the tiniest stuff i think will plug it. Is it possible to have them put in bigger hoses or just a bigger pee hole maybe would do the trick. like i said even when i have muffs on it with that pressure i dont like the amount of water coming out. since the fix it works bettter when it work but not to my likeing.. any more suggestions or just take it in and have it looked at again.

How about some punctuation :roll:
Forget about bigger tubes, a larger pee hole, and muddy water.
1) The motor was designed for that size water tube and nothing else is going to work.
2) That little hole that your looking at where it pisses is suppose to be that small. It adds a little back pressure so the water doesn't exit the power head to fast.
3) Muddy water??? Chocolate brown water can easily pass through a motor. If its as thick as soup then no outboard is going to go through it.
Your motor is fine. Run it

Latest posts