Multiple trolling motor trottle handle?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jw2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm working on a new project now. A 1972 charger tri-hull (ALL ELECTRIC). I plan on having 3 50lb trollong motors on back, and one bow mount 50lb on the front. I saw on a local resevior once, a rig that allowed you to controll 3 trolling motors with one stick/throttle. Anyone ever seen this or have one. I'm tring to find it online, but not having any luck. Thanks for any help.

Jeff

:!: I have see some of the big speed boats(Scarab)...ones with multible outdrives...they use a support link between them. This is usually a a rod with heim joints on each end. You could use this same setup, or something like it, to link all three motors together. then you could steer from just one of them.

Hmmm never seen such a thing..but..a connector is made to use a smaller fuel (troller) engine....attached to the larger main engine. **LINK provided below**

No reason such a setup couldn't be copied and adapted for controlling the steering of two or three electric TM's.

To control the speeds, however, would be trickier. You could set all of them up at a specific speed setting.....say half way...then run the wiring through a "Big Foot" type floor switch. That way, when you stepped on the "Big Foot"...all three TMs would jump into action.

Of course, you'd have to worry about the total amp draw of three of the TMs. I doubt that a Big Foot" (brand name) switch would handle the combined current...but...any other momentary contact switch with a correct amp rating would make a simple substitute.

Sounds like a very interesting project. regards, Rich

Stainless Steel Adjustable Outboard Kicker Motor Steering Connector Kit - Panther****
https://www.iboats.com/Stainless-Steel-Adjustable-Outboard-Kicker-Motor-Steering-Connector-Kit-Panther/dm/view_id.163197?cm_mmc=Google+Shopping

Latest posts