Advice needed on a 25 hp mercury

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GO_DAWGS_73

Reaction score
I have my sights on a mercury 25hp electric start motor but the guy is asking about $700 for it. It comes with steering cables, controls and power tilt unit and runs good. Do ya'll think this is a good deal? It's going to go on the 14' Starcraft I am working on.

that price isn't bad. What year is it though? With cables and all the other goods for 700 though is a decent price.

I was definitely planning to ask about the salt water since I live in Jacksonville. I also need to ask him about the year. It looks like it could be an 80's or 90's model but not much older than that. Sorry I can't answer those questions yet. He was telling me about it on the phone earlier but I didn't have time to ask a lot of questions because I was about to walk into a meeting. I was really just trying to figure out if $700 was a good price range for a running 25hp.

Go for it, they are great motors. Mercury made that model for many years up to 2004 with small changes every few years.

Latest posts