coleman outboards

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bailey86

Reaction score
i seen that Coleman has outboards has any of ya used or been around them or anything ?

It was covered here or on Iboats but I remember reading that they are basically Chinese junk. They have the Coleman name but if you look for them on the Coleman website, they don't exist. If Coleman is such an American company, shouldn't they back "their" motors?

i hate to hear that. I seen an add for them i was thinkin they would be good motors

basstender10.6 post: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17283 started the last conversation. I saw them to and thought it would be something different for the boat. I called colemans main site and found out the motors were being main in China for them. And colemen has no way to get parts at this time. If you're looking for the best new deals, stick with Tohatsu-Nissan and Mercury's.

Coleman generators have the worst reputation out there as far as genorators , Why would an outboard with their name on it be any better.
A good name can be ruined by putting it on junk.