Gamefisher 7.5 Model ID Location???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocbinva

Reaction score
Picked up an old 14" tinny. title says its a homebuilt older than 1970. That is my next pboat roject and I will post pics in correct forum however on the boat I got a 45lb thrust saltwater tolling motor and a 7.5 Gamefisher. It will start but not keep running. So i was looking to find an owners or repair manual but I cannot figure out where the model number is on the motor. If on the shroud its gone cause someone broke the back off and replaced it with diamond plate. any insight is apprecitated. I will post pic of motor tonight....Rick

If I remember right there is a sticker on the inside back of the lower cowl pan.
Your problem is probably the fuel pump. The fuel pump is in the carb. If the pump gets a tear in it it won't work.
I'm assuming it has a Tecumseh powerhead.
The fuel pump is the red part in the pic. You can probably get the pump or a rebuild kit at a lawnmower repair shop.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Tecumseh-631893-Carburetor-Repair-Kit-New-49-239-/140447255979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b34f0dab

I have the exact outboard. You should be able to unscrew gas cap and take the top off and their should be the model number there somewhere. After you get it you can look up who make the engine, mine was made in 1981 by Eska. I was having the same problem so I ordered a carb rebuilt kit from ebay last week and will be installing it (with the help of my father) in the next couple days, I'll let you know how it works.

Latest posts