Instructions needed for converting a tiller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I havge a 25 Hp Evinrude that's a tiller. I want to leave the tiller, but convert it to a remote throttle and gear shift. Does anyone know where I can obtain instructions to do this? I'm looking for a parts list and instructions. Also Does anyone know how late Evinrude used the two stick shifter with cables? Thanks Todd

I am starting to do the same thing on a 25 Yamaha also. Yamaha has a kit in the dealer's catalog that is for all of the conversion parts on the moter. I would asume that Evinrude has a similar thing.

Assuming this is an older engine. There should be bosses and a drilled hole in front of the shift handle, usually around 6 - 6 1/2" in front of the shifter and the same on the other side for the throttle. You mount a single cable trunnion anchor at each of these points with a single screw and you are done. Simplicity at its best. Measure from the center of the control box along the cable run to the center of the engine at the front and add 3' and you have your correct cable length.

I currently have '66 20hp Johnson that I would like to convert this same way? Does anyone know if this is possible? Can I do the same as what Pappy suggested?

Latest posts