2003 mercury 25/20 jet performance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercury jet

Reaction score
hello, looking to find any performance upgrades to my 03 mercury 25/20 jet ,can this carb be re-jeted larger and will upgrading the reeds help performance. i have done everything to the jet pump that i can .. intake fins,impeller,ect.... thanks for any help

Rejeting alone will not help performance. Just make it run rich. Performance reeds may help if somebody makes them.

SOME outboards can be upgraded with a bigger carburetor and intake. I don't know about a 25 Merc.
If you do get more power out of it you may need a different impeller to use the power.

Not much you can do to a 25hp Merc.Reeds are not worth messing with.Stock ones are the best.

I used to race that exact motor.

You might look at some reeds from chriscarsonmarine.com He is a great guy to deal with. Reeds might help a little but I don't think you will see any big gains. You could always try to port it but that's one of those thigs that could go both ways, you could build a screamer or you could make a new boat anchor. You need to do your homework before doing something like that but depending on the motor there are huge gains to be had. The thing to keep in mind when porting for a jet is you need low end torque and lots of it.

Thanks to all for the replys . I dont think i want to get into porting this one not sure it's worth it . Thanks, lil' blue rude for the link will check them out.