This might be a stupid question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyckr

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1985 Suzuki 9.9. I want to replace the fuel line coming from the tank to the motor, bulb and all. I'm looking for the connector that comes out of the tank to the hose. I've been researching online, and it looks like there are connectors that are motor specific. My question is : Does my outboard need a Suzuki connector and tank, or can I use any brand of tank, fuel line, and connectors? I knew this would be the place to look since this site is full of helpful people. Thanks in advance to those who respond.

I think the only thing you need that will be specific to that motor is the connection at the motor itself. Most aftermarket tanks just have a barb and the hose slips over it and gets a clamp.

not a stupid question at all . yes most motors have motor specific fuel connectors . I have several motors and they all take a different connector. some motors have a Chrysler connector , some like Mercury have a diffrent type , my Ted williams has a connector that looks like it came off a air hose . as for the line and bulb and tank it dont matter , get you a good clean plastic tank -$25 at walmart , primer bulb $8 , hose from napa but make sure it is for fuel . some places sell the whole fuel line but you would need to make sure the fitting for the motor will work on yours . dont forget hose clamps and make sure they are tight .

Latest posts