Tilt and Trim Leak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Rider

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone could help me on this but I purchased a new boat to play with and the tilt and trim rams are leaking. It is a 78 model 70 horse johnson. I can't find parts on the OMC site for it or anywhere else. I am trying to find a place to buy the seals so I can replace them. Anyone done any work on trim before? Anything helps.

Attachments

• Tilt and Trim.JPG
    Tilt and Trim.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 412
Almost all the sealing parts are available for that style trim from your local dealer. Support them when you can! Any parts you want to replace that may be obsolete can also be sourced through your local dealer using his obsolete parts locator.

Thanks. I was hoping not to have to drive to the nearest dealer for the fact they are a little out of the way for me but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks, again.

I had the same problem with my tilt and trim. I went to a couple local dealers and they both told me the same thing. For the labor price of tearing the rams apart, if they even come apart, and then replacing the broken parts, you can just buy a good used set of rams. I just went ahead and spent the $150 on a set of used rams that came with a 90 day warranty. I have not had a problem since.

Yeah I was afraid of that too. I have had different people tell me different things. Some that they are not too bad to change yourself and others who said that you may want to just buy new ones. I guess I will have to start hitting some of the boat shops in Austin to see what they have or think would be best. Bastrop doesn't have many otpions. Thanks.