25/30 Johnson carburetor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixshootertexan

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Johnson 25 hp motor. The man I purchased it from gave me an extra set of carburetors. He said that they were the 30hp carbs for the motor. I looked it up and sure enough the motor is the same just different carbs make it a 25 or 30. My question is how much of a difference in performance would I see if any and how much more fuel will it use?

Attachments

• Boat 100-1.jpg
    Boat 100-1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 441
You might gain a couple mph max. Take off power will be better and you will be able to push heavier loads easier.
Probably burn an additional gallon or so of fuel per trip.

Yeah I was thinking the negatives out weight the positives. The main one is fuel consumption. The second would be I screw the motor up trying to install them. It's running so I think I'll leave it alone and go fish. I'm in no hurry to get some where on the lake.

Might be able to turn a bigger prop and get same speed with lower RPMs. More get up and go to plane it and then back off. Might use less gas if you do it right and less engine wear. Just thinking cause I just got a similar engine. Planning to add a tach, so I can see where I am.