new motor question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckhuntfish

Reaction score
I bought a boat with a 1993 evinrude 30 hp motor , on the panel is a "primer" but it "snaps/clicks" in one more notch after you prime it , is it suppose to be out or snapped in when you are running it ?

Also , does this motor have anything that will charge the battery while running or not ? This is the first boat i have ever owned so i'm not sure about quite a bit of things on it. sorry if these seem like dumb questions , but i don't know

it is a E30ELETA electric start

truckhuntfish said:
I bought a boat with a 1993 evinrude 30 hp motor , on the panel is a "primer" but it "snaps/clicks" in one more notch after you prime it , is it suppose to be out or snapped in when you are running it ?

Also , does this motor have anything that will charge the battery while running or not ? This is the first boat i have ever owned so i'm not sure about quite a bit of things on it. sorry if these seem like dumb questions , but i don't know

it is a E30ELETA electric start

Congrats on the new rig.
I have a '88 30hp. I cycle (pull/push) my primer 3 times, leaving it in the out position, then start the motor. As the motor
runs ease the primer button back in.
Eventually, you'll get the feel for your motor and know how much primer it needs.
And it's only needed for cold starting.

Yes, a factory electric start should have charging capability.
Always connect it to a battery when running it.

Latest posts