1974 eska 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangelcc

Reaction score
Its a gamefisher motor twin cylinder. Starts and runs fine. Above half throttle boggs down. Put hand half way over the carb runs great. Does this sound like a main jet plugged? Not to familiar with gamefishers, they have a small rubber fuel pump that has to be 45 degrees when placing it in the carb not sure if that is set right. Might be ? Motor did not run when I got it, carb gummed up bad ,water pump sludged up. replaced water pump and housing and rebuilt carb. runs good all but mid to high throttle. Any ideas???

I let it run about 30 min. Still pass half throttle bogs down, even after warmed up. That's what got me wondering about the main jet having some trash still in it. Thanks for the input I'll check it out on iboats

Took carb back off and just like i figured a very small piece of trash caught in the main jet. Dont know how it got by me the first cleaning but it did and caused a problem. Reinstalled carb runs great!!! Called my buddy to come and get his motor. We'll see how it go's.

Latest posts