Michigan Repair Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjinkx

Reaction score
I am looking for someone in Michigan, preferably southeast area, to help with my Evinrude outboard. I believe it is a 1977/78 6-hp.

Last year I tried to no end to get it going, rebuilt carb and installed new plugs. However, I am still having trouble. In the midst of all that I am now having some issues with the pull cord. I think I may just need to be wound, since it is not retracting the cord well.

Anyhow, I really want to get this thing going. However, the local marine shops won’t work on anything that old. I am looking for either a person to do the repairs or someone to guide me, e.g. watch over my shoulder while I do the wrenching.

My guess is some logical troubleshooting and giving it a once over on the repairs I performed.

I searched the forum. However, there were no results for Michigan repair folks.

If there is anyone out there willing let me know. I will try and post more details later once I get home from work and the exact motor and model.

Thanks, Scott

thanks for the responses and suggestions. I am going to give crazymanme2 a ring.

I know crazymanme2 is more knowledgeable then me, but if you still need some help let me know.

Latest posts