15hp ted williams NO SPARK, HELP!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm3dufner

Reaction score
i have a late 70's ted williams 15hp and i went to start it the other day and got nothin. i checked for spark and had none. it has the solid state ignition. can anyone help find me a stator.

im not sure can you explain how to test that. we checked for resistance and voltage at the coils and got nothing

i messed around with the kill button the other day and low and behold i got one of the cylinders to spark. thank god it wasnt the stator. that dang thing cost more than what i paid for the motor. any ideas on how to test the coils?? it will be name brand outboards from now on for me.

well... ted williams and game fisher are the same thing so... i would say that it has a tecumseh head, im not sure on the lower unit. i also know the eska and sears had their hands in it. either way they seam to be junk

found a coil online for $10 installed it, cleaned the carb and she started right up. gonna run a tank of the good stuff this week just to be sure.

well it seems as though my work is not done with this outboard. after running the motor in a tank for a while i was satisfied that she was running great. I put it on the boat and took her out and found out that there must be a clogged cooling port somewhere in the head she got hot when i sped up and steam started pouring out of the tatle tail. back to the drawling board.

Latest posts