Steering Linkage?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear7625

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Johnson 15 HP outboard. I changed the steering system from the old cable & pulley to a Telflex rotary system. I'm looking for the linkage arm that connects to the motor. I need to know if there is a specific size or does one size fit all? I found some on eBay, but have no idea which one will work. New ones are to pricey for me. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

this might sound funny buy it worked for me and already had one laying around but , do you know of anyone that races go karts around you ? If so get a steering arm from them , they have a ball joint type connection on each end that a bolt goes through. then i measured where halfway of steering cable , set motor in straight position then cut steering arm to length and bolted on.you can look at gokartracing.com for the part too they prob have it. i was in your spot when i thought of it and didnt want to spend so much on something so simple.

Latest posts