1957 johnson seahorse recoil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouran01

Reaction score
hey ya'll, I know I've saw a few others runnin round here with the same/similar outboard. My recoil don't engage and turn over the motor and I'm dumbfounded. I have to say there is a peice missing cause the recoil in/out works fine but?????????? If there is a half of an expert out there that knows what i'm missing, where to get it or how to fix, it'd be greatly appretiated! dang tired of removin the cover wand wrappin the dang rope round the flyin wheel!

found a condensed manual, Thinking I'm missing friction spring, Link and Pawl? anyone with pics of underside of recoil get (well, I ain't got nuthin) but if I did, it's be yours!

I used to have a link for my 1958 seahorse 10HP it had break down of everything down to washers....I'll have to do some digging and find it I'll post the link here once I do.

Here is link to a website that has an electronic parts diagram of your motor. You can see what pieces you are missing and they sell the parts as well.

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1957

have you tried spraying pentrating oil under recoil housing???

my 57 didn't grap well, then a spray of pb blaster under the housing, and all is good.

Latest posts