Need help with 30hp yamaha built mariner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishkiller

Reaction score
I have a mariner 30hp built by yamaha 86 model . I need a lower unit for this I was told it was built by yamaha for only a couple of years 84-87, mercury will not fit it, tryed it already. Please help out a new guy. I have most of the new parts already water pump, seal kit, bearing except for the pinion bearing cant find one of those( F 1720 ). The prop shaft is bent thats why the seals went out and let water in, froze and busted. I bought this boat with trailer,

trolling motor and guy(my Boss) though in the 30hp and all controls, steering wheel and throttle controls. Please give me a number to call or if you have one that the power head is bad on or what ever please let me know. Mike

They also said that a 25 and maybe a 20 lower unit might fit, long shaft

Yamaha did build a few motors for Mercury here and there, and it led to problems becuase Mercury gutted the gear case and replaced the gears to make their yamaha built engine out run the Yamaha clone in their line.

You should have no problem gettnig parts from Mercury for that engine.

I have the same year/size outboard.
86 mariner built yamaha.
I was told that parts from a 79-85 Yamaha would work on it.
I guess the Mariner was/is just a older model Yamaha...
I've never had to do anything to this outboard,except water impellor so I can't say if it's hard to get parts or not.
Up here almost all the Mariners(smaller ones)are Yamahas.

I have an 1983 25hp Mariner built by yamaha. You can ask what years interchange on www.iboats.com

Fishkiller said:
I can't find it ,were on that site am I suppose to look?
Go to the boating forums then to the mercury/mariner forum.

Latest posts