2011 Nissan EFI tilt /trim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig1966

Reaction score
I have purchased a new Nissan EFI and noticed that the tilt/trim is mounted direct to the swivel bracket and the concern i have is that if i hit a sumerged object how would the motor kick up with this design, well give a bit more info I via E-mail sent to Nissan using there web side and did get a reply. not worth the typing i did on the board but he did reply and 3 days of Emails asking and never getting to a point to resolve the problem. also have found out that the new Mercury EFI have the same trim/tilt unit on the EFI 25 EFI 30 as a podna of mine has one so we seen it first hand side by side they are the same unit. dont have ant hard evedence but i would say it is coming from the same factory just diferent stickers, I have been looking to see if anyone has done a mod to the trim units on these motors to allow the motor to kick-up when going over logs or strikeing a sumerged object? I have went through all of the kick-up plate from cmc theory with Nissan rep and well get insurance nonsence with the Nissan rep, I would think somewhere on some web site someone in there backyard and shops has come up with a solution to this problem if so would you please share the info. cause who i have talked to doesnt have a clue!

It should kick up, that is a safety feature built into the units now, and yes Mercury has also gone to that design.

Nissan/Tecumseh is the same company, they make Tecumseh for package boats and Nissian is for the repowers and individual sales. Dirty little secret...Mercury Marine has Nissan/Tecumseh build their smaller outboards, from about 20hp and down because it is cheaper than them retooling entire lines to produce them themselves. So yes, your Nissan outboard will look exactly like the Mercury, and its all good.

Bufford

Latest posts